3.08.2014

2/8's

Two super-easy patterns that evolved out of the wonky grid challenge. I worked each flower in the grid from 2 intersecting figure 8's, hence the name.

2/8's


Some fill/detail ideas (the centres have been dotted in with a white jelly pen).


Creates a nice loose pattern when you let it go wherever it leads.


Pebble Flowers: again very simple concept - form into a grid, or work single line as shown in the image below from yesterday's post.




It's a long weekend here in Australia and we are having some fabulous, warm early Autumn weather, so we're heading down to the beach on Monday to visit my eldest daughter. Tomorrow is not so much fun, we are planning to paint my youngest's bedroom. Lots of sanding in the morning and a day of painting after that!

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you have planned.

hx

3 comments:

  1. Never thought to put them into a grid or pattern for a tangle. Have used this for a while as an embellishment. I used it as embellishment in my Whee tangle. Is simple and goes in a lot of spaces. I started doing mine a little different in that I make intersecting figure-8s or infinity symbols. You have highlighted them a lot more than I have. Will have to look at that because I think it adds a lot. Can't believe had the same idea as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not surprising, Donald :) Great minds think alike! LOL! There's only so many ideas out there, and we're all bombarded with so much visual stimulation that it's inevitable we're going to come up with similar things from time to time. Very little hasn't been seen before in some format or another and our patterns are just a way of recording the method to that end result. I'm often amazed how many ways there are to approach a pattern and end up with a very similar result - the valentines theme patterns are a good example, at the core the patterns were essentially the same, but there were so many different ways to get to that end result! I'd love to see your approach for the intersecting 8's :)

      These are so simple I debated whether it was worth making a pattern out of them, but on the other hand, it's so fun to show that with a little detail even the simplistic can be very beautiful and minimalist.

      Delete
  2. Dear Helen,
    I live in the South-West of the Netherlands, nearby Belgium. Last year I visited Flanders Fields and was very impressed. At highschool we had to learn the poem In Flanders Fields by heart. That was in the eighties. Since then I admire the poppies very much.
    Thank you for sharing both your tangle as well as the history.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)